Your credit utilization or usage ratio compares your credit card outstanding balance to your credit card credit limits. Your credit score generally improves as your credit utilization ratio falls. Typically you'll want to keep your credit utilization below 30%, but the lower the better.
Articles in this section
- What types of accounts typically report on my credit report?
- What is a "thin" credit file?
- Why doesn't my account appear on my credit report?
- Why is the balance on my account incorrect on my credit report?
- What is a collection account?
- I don't recognize accounts appearing on my credit report?
- Where can I get my TransUnion credit report?
- What is credit utilization?
- Why is my credit score important?
- How do I remove an account or negative remark that has been paid off or resolved?
Article is closed for comments.